Friday, August 30, 2013

Day five - staying strong

Day five was the first day on the challenge that I got to sleep in, which in turn threw off my food schedule.  It was a shot into real life when you don't always have control over when you eat or what you eat.  It was a good day food wise.

Let me just fill you in on what happened yesterday though!  I bought some Lara bars yesterday and as I said I ate a Peanut Butter cookie bar yesterday for my snack.  I forgot that peanuts are technically a legume which isn't allowed on the Whole 30 challenge.  Well, let me tell you I felt that bar last night.  I got such a headache, felt nauseous, and almost felt like I was coming down with the flu.  I had chills and a fever, it was crazy!  I guess even after 4 days your body a "cheat" food has a crazy reaction to your newly clean body.


YAY!  A breakfast picture!!  I had a sweet potato hash with a couple fried eggs and 2 slices of bacon.  It was so good!!  I also had a pluot.  Because of my late waking, I ate breakfast around 10:30 and so I wasn't too hungry for lunch until 4:30.  I had a Cherry Pie Lara bar for a snack until we could make dinner.


Dinner was FABULOUS tonight.  I made some white ruffy fish seared in a little olive oil with a little lemon with the homemade tarter sauce I made last weekend.  I also had sweet potato "chips" that I baked in the oven.  I sliced them up thin with my food processor and put them on a sprayed sheet pan.  I baked them at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, flipped them, and baked them again for 5 minutes.  It was so good!!  I also used my homemade ranch to dip my sweet potatoes in.  

It was a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment