Monday, August 26, 2013

Day One...So far, so good

I think what I am looking forward to the most in this challenge is to not be ruled by food anymore.  After reading "It Starts with Food" it made me understand that chemically my brain is wired this way after I eat certain foods and that if I eliminate those foods, the cravings will go away.  I look forward to that day since I already day-dreamed about eating part of Emma's left over peanut butter bender.

Moving on!  My day started fabulously!  I made great choices and had some really great meals.  I found myself full most of the day except for between lunch and dinner.  I might need to incorporate a mini-meal there, but I am going to keep monitoring my hunger in the next couple days.

Here are my meals for today.



Breakfast was 3 organic, cage free eggs mixed with 3/4 c. Trader Joe's Healthy 8 chopped veggies with 2 slices of MSG free, no nitrate bacon and a pluot (plum/apricot).  It was SO good!!



Lunch was a yummy chicken salad made with a kale, spinach and spring leaf mix, 1/2 avocado, more of the Trader Joe's Healthy 8 chopped veggie mix and my homemade ranch dressing.


Dinner was a grass fed, organic steak with roasted balsamic brussel sprouts and a sweet potato.


Apparently my pictures aren't working for my lunch and dinner, but I will see if I can get my iCloud to work.  I have a little bit of a headache,which I know is normal.  I am drinking a lot of water and will be going to be early.  Tomorrow's meals will be prepped and ready tonight so I don't have to waste time in the morning.  

I'm ready for the carb hangover that is coming my way tomorrow and Wednesday.  I will overcome these challenges and cravings!

*updated with pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment