Thursday, August 29, 2013

Day four....starting to get the hang of this!

Day four and it's getting easier.  I didn't want to kill anyone today, like the Whole30 timeline said I might feel, so that's good.  I am starting to get a little headache, but I think I will just go to bed soon and sleep it off.  It was a good food day.  Not too many temptations and I wasn't very hungry, which is a good sign.

My food for today.

Apparently my breakfast pictures don't like to sync with my iCloud, which is frustrating.  I will work on that!

Breakfast was 2 slices of the MSG free, no nitrate bacon, 3 fried eggs with the healthy 8 veggies from trader joes mixed in as well as a pluot.  It was really good!  It's amazing when you eat a great breakfast how you don't feel the need to snack at all in the morning.  I'm not really hungry at all during the day.  


Lunch was a veggie stir fry with shrimp.  I cooked the shrimp and veggies in a little sesame oil and added some rice wine vinegar at the end.  I had some mixed berries as well.


Dinner was a fabulous shredded chicken that I made in the crockpot today.  It was just boneless, skinless chicken breast and a sprinkle of southwest chipotle seasoning.  It cooked for 8 hours in the crock pot and then I shredded it and just let it warm in the crock pot until we were ready to eat.  I also made sweet potato hash browns!  They were AMAZING!!!  All I did was shred some sweet potatoes, probably about 2 large ones, heated some unrefined coconut oil in a pan and let them fry for about 15 minutes, flipping them over when they started to get crunchy.  

I did have a peanut butter cookie lara bar as a snack this afternoon too :)

Okay, I am really going to go to bed.  My headache is coming back and everything I've read says, when your body needs to rest, do it!  Off to bed I go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment