Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 13....I can overcome. I am strong.

The weekend! The glorious weekend! It's been a good day so far.  Emma Kate was nice enough to let me sleep in a little bit which helped recharge my batteries from this first week of school.  We didn't do much, but I am trying to keep myself busy so that I'm not thinking about food. It's not so much the cravings, but thinking about food all the time and trying to refocus my brain on why I don't need the bad things in my body.

I read an amazing post on the whole9 website (and posted on my Facebook page) about the stages of grief that go along with this lifestyle. I am definitely going through the stages as I realize I will never be able to eat like I used to again and that's okay.  I ate and ate mainly because I was bored and lazy. I didn't want to cook for myself or do the dishes for that matter. Eating out is easy and convenient and of course not healthy at all for you.  This whole process has taught me not only am I strong, but I can change what the last 30 years has taught me. I can overcome. I can change my lifestyle.

Alright, enough philosophy mumbo jumbo, here's what I ate today.

Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs with some spinach, kale and sliced chicken sausage mixed in.

Lunch - cherry pie Lara bar I know that this isn't a real lunch, but I ate breakfast at 10:30.

Dinner - WAS AMAZING!! I thinly sliced up some up steak from the other night and cooked it in a pan with some coconut oil.  I added some organic frozen pineapple tidbits from trader joes, some frozen pepper mix and onion.  I cooked it all up on high heat so it was almost like a stir fry. It was seriously amazing!!! It was like a sweet and sour dish from a Chinese restaurant.

End of week 2 tomorrow.  So crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment