Sunday, September 29, 2013

Reintroduction updates.

Well, it's been an interesting couple of days as I've started to reintroduce foods.  Honestly, I think I am going to stop and just go back to eating like I was before.  Not only has it caused me physical pain, but it's been an emotional hardship as I have started wanting food that I shouldn't have because I can have them now.  Even after taking the first bite of bread, I knew that I just needed to give it up because not only did it make me feel horrible, but the emotional connection I have to this food is such a hard one to break.  The only foods I am considering adding into my diet once in a while would be some beans and oatmeal.  I just can't eat sugar, bread and those other trigger foods for me.

While reintroducing gluten and dairy, I have felt horrible.  I've had major bloating, gas, my stomach hurts, my brain feels "foggy" when I eat these foods.  I don't like it.  I just think this way of eating will be my new norm and once in a while I will have these foods, like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I did purchase a fit bit flex, but will be returning it in exchange for a fit bit one.  I think it will be a better fit for me.  I love my body media, but I don't like how visible it is.  I have started working out at the gym again too and I felt so good!  I am looking to purchase a heart rate monitor for when I am working out to help track my calories.

This afternoon I am planning my meals for the week.  I should be getting my new "Well Fed" cookbook in the mail on Tuesday so I can't wait to pick out some new recipes to try.  I know I will be making some spaghetti squash and paleo meat sauce this week and some chocolate chili.  I am ready to get back to eating like I was before.  I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment