Before I tell you all about my tips, tricks and thoughts about my 30 day challenge, I am going to talk about my experiences today with dairy. First, I am sad to inform myself that I probably will need to give up dairy in my diet, or at least significantly reduce my consumption. This morning I got the pumpkin latte I've been dying for and I felt awful. Not only was it too sugary, but I almost instantly got a headache from the dairy and sugar in it. It wasn't worth it at all. At lunch, I had an all natural Greek type yogurt and some cheese curds and again felt awful. My stomach hurt, I am bloated, and an feeling lethargic. For dinner I had some organic shredded cheese on my taco salad with the same results. I might've had some ice cream too, knowing that ice cream probably won't be in my future again. I know I should try to eat some dairy tomorrow and Friday, but I might pass. I feel gross.
Onto my tips and tricks.
1. Plan, plan, plan. This is essential to being successful with this challenge. I had to make sure I had food that was easy to make, cook and grab when I was hungry.
2. Be a label reader. I became a ridiculous label reader. I think I spent double the amount of time in the grocery store reading everything that was in the food I was eating. Sugar is everywhere and has a million different names, so watch out. And I mean everywhere!!
3. Know that the cravings and thoughts will pass. Everyday I fought the demons of my food addiction. Honestly, sometimes I would just have to go to bed so I would stop thinking about food and then I would dream about it.
4. Read "It Starts with Food" and watch the documentary "Food, Inc." You will never look at food the same way.
5. Get enough sleep. I could tell when I didn't get enough restful sleep. When I didn't sleep enough my food cravings and thoughts were way worse.
6. Workout. I didn't workout as much as I wanted to during this challenge. I started back at the gym today and it felt amazing.
7. Track your progress. Honestly, this blog is what helped me stay on track. Knowing all of you fabulous people were reading this blog helped me stay focused.
8. It is worth it. Seriously, this challenge has changed my life. I don't think I will ever go back to what I ate before. I will have things once in a while, like a beer, ice cream, and jimmy johns bread, but in can't eat like this all the time.
If I think of anymore tricks, tips or thoughts I will continue to share
And now for the big news. The weight loss. This is huge. I did this challenge not to only to change my eating, but to change my relationship with food and of course the weight loss was a bonus.
In 30 days, I lost 17.2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And as I said before I didn't workout in this challenge.
I am motivated to continue and I don't think I will be eating dairy again. Yuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment