Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day 21.....cotton candy, what?

It's the end of week three and I can't believe it. It's been tough, but I am so proud of myself for sticking with this.  I feel so much better. It's been a great weekend having Brandon home.  Distance does make the heart grow fonder.

Today I had a blast singing at church and running some errands with Brandon and Emma. We got to FaceTime with my in-laws in California. It's always nice to chat with them and they love being able to see Emma Kate and boy did she perform for them. She's so funny!!

While we were running errands, we stopped at our local grocery store, Hy-vee and as we walked into the produce department I couldn't believe my eyes! There were bags of COTTON CANDY FLAVORED GRAPES!! Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE cotton candy.  Everything cotton candy! Gum, ice cream, cookies, candy, anything. So, when I saw something healthy that was cotton candy flavored I knew I had to try it and boy was that worth the $13 I spent on them. I couldn't believe that they actually taste like cotton candy. If you can find them, buy them!! I did some research and they are nt genetically modified, but the developers spent 8 years and over 100,000 tries to find the perfect tasting cotton candy flavored grapes.  They also only come around once and a while as they have to have the perfect growing conditions.

Food for today.

Breakfast - cherry pie Lara bar and a hot cinnamon tea from caribou

Lunch - a beach club unwich from jimmy johns

Dinner - jalapeño chicken and a an asparagus sauté from trader joes

I have conferences tomorrow night so I am making a pot roast tonight to pack in the morning for tomorrow nights dinner and Tuesday night. I am trying to plan ahead so that I stay focused.

I am feeling great!! Here's to the next 9 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment