Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 8...We are into week 2!!

Day 8!  We are into week 2 and I am staying strong!  It is going to be a tough rest of my challenge as my rock, Brandon my husband, is leaving to live in the cities for the next year while he is going to school at St. Thomas.  It is going to be tough to be a single mom and work full time, plus eat healthy and work out, but I can do it!

Because Brandon is the morning person in this relationship, today was one of my last days to get to sleep in.  I love him for that!  Because I slept in, I only ate 2 real "meals" today.


I decided to forgo breakfast and have my left overs from last night as my lunch.  It was good the second time around!  

For a snack I had a cashew cookie lara bar.


Tonight was another tough moment in this challenge.  I went to a labor day potluck tonight for the AMAZING singing group I am in here in Austin, Northwestern Singers, and it was FILLED with food that I would normally eat.  Potato salad, macaroni salad, chips, brownies, cupcakes, pizza, etc.  It was so hard to resist and watching people eat the things I normally would was tough.  

But, I just kept thinking that I can do this for 30 days and then if I want pizza or a cupcake I will indulge, but it might not taste as good as I think it will.  I know these 30 days are going to change me and they will change me for the better.  I look forward to the day where food doesn't consume my mind and my every thought.  

Here is a funny moment from last night too!  I had a dream last night where I ate a half a slice of pizza and FREAKED OUT and started crying in my dream because I messed up my Whole 30 plan.  I woke up feeling guilty!  Too funny!!

Onto Day 9 and the 1st day of school at my other new school!  So excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment