Friday, September 20, 2013

Day 26...the night before the biggest challenge so far

Day 26 went well.  I was pretty hungry today between lunch and dinner and my lara bar isn't cutting it anymore.  I think I might need to add more veggies to my lunch and/or more healthy fat.  Also, I know I didn't get enough water today for sure.  I am bringing my gallon jug to class this weekend.

Speaking of class, this is going to be my biggest challenge yet.  Grad school weekends are filled with good (bad for you) food.  What do you expect when you are sitting in class for 16 hours?!  I am planning to drink a lot of water, bring some lara bars, grapes and of course not so healthy food for my wonderful friends who can eat what they want.  I have been trying to pre-plan our meals out so that I know where I can eat and what I can have.  I will make good choices, because why would I screw this up at the very end.  I am almost done!

I have done some research on the reintroduction phase that is coming up this week.

Day 1 reintroduce and evaluate dairy
Day 4 reintroduce and evaluate gluten-containing grains a.k.a. bread, pasta, etc.
Day 7 reintroduce and evaluate non-gluten grains a.k.a. rice, soy, gluten-free bread, corn
Day 10 reintroduce and evaluate legumes a.k.a. beans, lentils, peanuts,

What you do during this phase is reintroduce "less healthy" foods back into your diet one at a time and keep the rest of your diet as Whole30-clean as possible.  But, you cannot combine test groups during this phase.  You are trying to figure out how each group makes your body feel so that you know whether or not it's worth eating that food all the time.  I am so curious about this part of the Whole30 challenge.  I can't really see how much body could react to this food yet, but I am sure it will be super interesting!

Alright, onto my food for today.

Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs

Lunch - a Beach Club unwich from Jimmy Johns and cotton candy grapes - delivered to school to me by my wonderful hubby!

Snack - Apple Pie Lara bar and a banana

Dinner - jalapeño chicken and roasted califlower, with some cotton candy grapes (i'm obsessed)

Here we go!  Weekend of being strong!  Almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment